Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blythe Doll Values

Depending on the type and condition of the Blythe doll in question, you may be looking at thousands, especially if it's a vintage not removed from box 1972 Kenner Blythe doll! I have seen those pristine NRFB vintage beauties go as high as $5,000+ US!

If you find a 1972 Kenner Blythe doll out of box and in good condition you could be looking at $800 - 1200 US. Like I said before, it all depends on the condition.

Even the Japanese reproduction Takara blythe dolls can fetch anywhere between $100 ~ 2000 US. Sold out dolls, BL Takaras and Limited edition CWC Takara Blyte dolls usually go for the most.

Typically out of box, damaged, used and nude dolls go for the least so if you are on a budget that may be a good start for you.

A great tip is to check completed Online Auctions to give you an idea of what something is currently worth. I actually do that for anything that I am going to sell just to give me an idea what to start the price at. You do this by hitting the advanced search tab which is right beside the normal search tab and then select the completed auctions tab.

1972 Kenner Blythe doll - The original Blythe doll made by the Kenner General Mills Fun Group for only one year. These dolls are worth anywhere from $650 - 5000 US depending on it's condition.

1972 Kenner Blythe Doll 

BL Blythe (bogged eye with a licca body) Takara CWC Hasbro started producing these reproduction Blythe dolls in 2001 and they are currently worth a pretty penny. Anywhere from $200 - 2000 US - Parco was the first doll BL-00 and she is worth thousands because there were only 1000 pieces issued.

Photobucket
BL Parco BL-00

BL Mondrian BL-01



Next are the EBL, SBL and RBL Takaras and those range from $100 - $750 US. If they are limited or rare then you will see them worth more.

EBL - Excellent Face Mold


SBL - Superior Face Mold




RBL - Radiant Face Mold



ADG are the Ashton Drake Blythe dolls and they are worth $70 - 250 US. The Medieval Mood doll is limited at 1000 pieces so she is worth more.

ADG - Medieval Blythe limited to 1000 pieces, I believe.


Love, 

AnnaBlytheDoll xo

4 comments:

  1. Hi, i have the blonde 1972 blonde blythe doll. I dont want to sell her. She lost a leg somehow and i want to replace it. Do u know where i can get one? Would a barbie leg work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandi, try placing an ad on the dolly adoption facebook group maybe? Best of luck and I hope you post pictures! Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, I was recently given a 1972 Blythe Kenner in excellent condition by my grandmother. I wanted to make sure I have her listed a a good price. It's confusing because I've seen some dolls in terrible condition priced way way higher than I've listed my doll for. How can I make sure I get what she's worth? I want to be fair but I don't want to short sell myself either. (I'm using this money to help fund my daughter's trip to Disney next summer) Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, you can put the doll up for sale on eBay with a reserve auction to secure that the doll is only sold at the desired price. Instead maybe you can also try to sell the doll on groups like Facebook Blythe Kenner Club or Dolly Adoption. You should have a PayPal account to protect yourself and the buyer imho. Also make sure you have tracking, insurance and a signature with shipping. Best of luck!

      Delete